- One group of the QACs family that is widely used as a biocidal agent is the alkyldimethylbenzylammonium chloride …. These are active against coronaviruses at less than 1% concentration and within an exposure time of a minute or less (Saknimit et al. 1988; Pratelli 2008; Kampf et al.2020). …Dialkyl quaternaries retain biocidal activity in the presence of anionic residues and hard water (Rutala, W., Weber, D. & Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee 2019).
Effective Against COVID-19
- …Consumers should feel confident that products on …the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) List N: Disinfectants for Coronavirus, will kill the novel Coronavirus upon application and stop its spread
American Chemical Council Commercial Disinfectants Equally As Effective Against New COVID Strains, According to CBC (Center for Biocides Chemistries) Jan 11, 2021
Alcohol-Free Sanitizers Work
- Researchers from Brigham Young University discovered …quaternary ammonium compounds found in disinfectants…in most cases … wiped out at least 99.9% of the virus within 15 seconds.
European Cleaning Journal Study shows alcohol-free sanitiser is effective against Covid-19 Dec 10, 2020
What Do Quats Kill
- …Quaternary ammonium compounds (QACs) are among the most commonly used disinfectants. .Selection of formulations and methods of application have been shown to affect the efficacy of QACs. Their hydrophobic activity also makes them effective against lipid-containing viruses.
El-Badry M et al. Epidemiological and Disinfectants as Controlling Aspect on COVID-19 Journal of Advanced Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences 4 (2021) 37-41
Hand Sanitizers Are Effective
- Quats rapidly inactivate SARS-CoV-2, making them potentially useful for controlling SARS-CoV-2 spread in hospitals and the community
Ogilvie BH et al. Alcohol-free hand sanitizer and other quaternary ammonium disinfectants quickly and effectively inactivate SARS-CoV-2 Journal of Hospital Infection Short Report (2021) Volume 108, P142-145