Why Use Quat-based Products?
Quats are excellent antimicrobial agents. By themselves, they are odorless, non-staining and non-corrosive to metals when used according to directions. They effectively kill bacteria, viruses, molds and fungi on solid surfaces and in water. Commercial formulations are often used to kill germs that can cause disease in hospitals, restaurants, schools, and on the farm.
Consumer products used to disinfect in the kitchen, bathroom and other rooms of the home also contain quats. Some quat formulations are used to help preserve exposed wood by preventing the growth of harmful molds and fungi. Still others are used in cosmetics, lotions, contact lens cleaning solution and nasal sprays as a preservative. Finally, some quats are used as first aid sprays to help prevent infection from minor wounds.
Download the following links to Quats Education Program Materials:
- Microorganisms killed by Quats Click Here
- Disinfecting, Sanitizing, and Cleaning — Knowing the Difference Makes All the Difference Click Here
- How Long Can Pathogens Persist on Inanimate Surfaces? Click Here
- What Public Health Officials Need to Know About Disinfecting, Sanitizing, and Cleaning Click Here
- Fast Facts About Quat-Based Disinfectants for Public Health Professionals Click Here
- Disinfecting, Sanitizing and Cleaning in Schools Click Here
- Fast Facts about Quat-Based Disinfectants in Schools Click Here
- Understanding a Product Label Click Here
- The Fundamental Facts of Microbiology Click Here